Please help your child to state complete sentences when answering the questions.
1. What is your favorite toy at home that is not electronic?
2. Use three "juicy" words to describe it. ex. My _________ is ____________,____________, and ___________.
3. From where did your toy come? How did you get it?
4. Do you play with this toy alone or with someone else?
5. If you were ever to give this toy to someone else, who do you think would enjoy it also?
This is your first" writing with your parent" assignment. Spend about 10 minutes (you can do it longer if you want) during the week with your parent answering the questions that I will suggest each week. Your parent is to write the words that you say and before you know it, you have shared your thoughts. Please remember to speak in complete sentences.
Practice reading what your parent has written down for you. Make sure they have written only the words that you say and not their own adult words. Bring your story written down on Friday to share with your friends. It is your job to remember to bring the story on Friday. You can bring it earlier, if you have it finished. If you want to write about another peaceful topic rather than answer the questions I provide, feel free to create the story of your dreams.
Here are the questions for your first writing:
Where is your favorite place to sit at your house?
What room is it in?
What does it look like?
What do you do when you sit in your favorite place?
How do you feel when you sit in your favorite place
What would you say to people if they asked you to move so they could sit in your favorite place?
Teri Canaday is the lower elementary teacher. She is also director of the Montessori Center. She has a passion for helping children learn and develop their potential.